Monday, December 30, 2013

Nativity Manger

I got a miter saw and a nativity set for Christmas. Before I set start packing up decorations I wanted to make a manger so it is ready to go. I went to check out my wood supply and found some 1x3's, a piece of 1/4 inch plywood, and some wood shims.

I started off by making a frame. I cut the wood at 15 degree angles because I liked the slope. I assembled using some nails and wood glue. I attached the whole frame to the plywood.
 I attached the shims to be like the siding of the stable. I just put down some wood glue and then laid the shims down. I used my nail gun to hold them in place until the glue dries.
 I used some left over brown paint to coat the entire thing. If I had better wood to use I would have stained it instead of painting. I love the way it turned out.
Next Christmas I will probably put in some sort of lighting. Right now they are kind of in the dark. Ill also get a little bit of hay to make it feel more real. Now I wont have to make it next year at the start of the busy Christmas season.

-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment