Thursday, December 26, 2013

Log Deer

My sister requested I make her a log deer for Christmas. She had collected some rubbings from the woods and asked that I some how use them. In addition to those I had to go to the log pile and find a skinny log about 5 to 6 inches in diameter and 15 inches long. I also had to find a tiny little log. It is about 2.5 inches in diameter and 6 inches long.


Once you have all your cut pieces off wood you need to start drilling holes. Four in the bottom of the log for the legs and one on the top for the neck. I used a 1 inch spade bit because my sticks were all very close to an inch. If your sicks are an odd size you may need to whittle down the end.


You will also need to drill one hole into the head for the neck and 2 small holes for the antlers. Once all the holes are set you are ready to assemble. Using some wood glue attach the legs, then neck, the antlers.





Let the glue dry for 24 hours before handling the log deer.



- Karen





No comments:

Post a Comment