Friday, December 27, 2013

Log Slice Clock

We needed a clock in our living room. Not having a clock just wasn't working for me. I know most people have their phones with them constantly but mine is almost always laying over on the window sill. Lucky for me my mom gave me an old clock that she hated to tear apart. If you don't have the clock mechanism you can buy them for a few bucks online or in some craft stores. I also picked up an oval log slice.


Now if you have good handwriting and can keep things consistently sized you may not need the next step. I went on the computer and printed out 1 through 12 in a font and size I liked. I also printed off a paper with lines rotated 30 degrees. I used this to help place the numbers in the correct spot. You could use a protractor instead if you would like. Be sure to mark your center.


I then traced the numbers onto the wood slice.


I used my wood burner to put all the numbers on to the wood. I also had to drill a hole into the center for the clock dial to go through.


After this was complete I put a few coats of polyurethane over the entire thing to seal the wood.


Then all that is left is to install the clock dial and hang it on the wall.

- Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment