Friday, February 5, 2016

Heart Wreath

I have no Valentine's Day decorations. Actually, my husband and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day like most people do. No presents, no Valentine's Day date, just a "happy Valentine's Day. I love you." So when it comes to decorations I am certainly not going to spend money. Instead I grabbed cardboard, coffee filters, some acrylic paint, and my glue gun.

First I cut out out a heart shape. Really you could make one of these for any holiday. Just white for winter, a green shamrock for St. Patrick's Day... but for now a heart.


Next, I took a ton of coffee filters. I filled a container ~1/2 inch with water. Then stirred in a small amount of paint. Taking clumps of approximately 25 coffee filters I dipped the ends into the paint. I did each clump for a different amount of time so some were pail pink, others were darker pink. I let them sit for a few hours to dry.


Then I had to take all the coffee filters and pinch them in the middle.


A little twist at the end and you have a coffee filter puff.


Then start gluing.


And gluing.

And some more gluing.


Until your wreath is an full as you would like it. From there you can add a ribbon and hang it. Or add any other decorations to it that you would like.


-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment