Monday, March 23, 2015

Embroidery Floss Holders

I had a bunch of floss getting tangled together. I needed to make some new holders for them. I had them wrapped around pieces of index cards but they just weren't holding up.

I decided I was going to go with animals. I found some free coloring pages of animals online. I stuck with longer animals. Really you could use anything here. You could go for pictures of forks and wind you floss around them. Or go more traditional with empty spool pictures. Find the pictures you desire, print, and cut them out.


Scotch makes these cool little self laminating pouches. I am not commit ed to laminating anything enough to buy a lamination machine so these are a nice substitute when needed. They are basically a thicker piece of plastic and sheet of clear vinyl that get stuck together.

You arrange your pictures on the one side.


Then fold over the clear sticky side. Smooth it down to remove any air bubbles.


After that cut out each individual picture. You will also need to create a little cut in to hold the end of the floss.


After that just wind your floss around. Below you can see my fox and pig wearing their little sweaters of floss.


-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment