Sunday, October 19, 2014

Halloween Shadow Candle Holder

I save containers. I can't help but thinking I will have a use for them at some point. Probably because that is usually true. In this case I had a small glass cylinder which originally had a candle in it.


I used a sponge to paint the glass starting with a thin layer of white. (Don't pay attention to the fact that it is slightly tinted orange. I had orange pain on my hands from something else I was doing.)






Then I did a stripe of pink.


Then blended in purple.







Then continued on with blue and navy blue. Then I let it dry. I used some black paint and a fine paint brush to paint a Halloween silhouette the entire way around. You could use a pattern. Or even cut it out of vinyl.


I covered the entire thing with a few coats of glue thinned with water. After putting in a battery lit candle I was left with this cute little Halloween decoration.


-Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment