Monday, February 24, 2014

Textured Word Sign

I've been seeing the white words on white backgrounds all over the place lately. After my spring cleaning and arranging decorations I needed something to fill a space.

I took a scrap piece of wood and some wooden letters. I glues them together just like anyone else would. I was careful to get them as tight as possible so I didn't get a gap.

This is where I decided to be a little different (as I usually am haha). I wanted to add some texture. If I would have had the stone texture spray paint I would have done that. I wasn't buying it for the small amount that would be needed. I decided to use glitter. I mixed various sizes of glitter into some paint. I then added a few coats.


Once that was good and dry I painted it light stone gray.


It was really simple to do. I love the texture (which is very hard to take a picture off). It makes it just a little more interesting.

-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment