Wednesday, November 19, 2014

AG Dog Bowls

I bought my niece a dog for her AG doll for Christmas. Actually my dog bought it for her haha. They look alike. So I have been making some accessories to go along with it. First up is dog bowls and a food bag.

To make the dog bowls I started with two empty make up containers.


Using a Dremel I cut off the top threaded portion.


Then I did a little sanding to make the top smooth.


A quick coat of spray paint made them look like real dog bowls.


But I decided to take it a little further by drawing bones and labeling each bowl. Then I clear coated to protect it.


I decided to fill the bowls with "food" and "water. For the water bowl I simply poured some left over clear epoxy into the bowl. For the food I mixed some glue, brown paint, and seed beads. I laid it in the bowl and let it dry.


That is all there is to creating some simple dog bowls. Tomorrow I will cover how to make the food bag.


- Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment